Monster (Kiss albuma)
|Artikulu hau hobetzeko lanean ari da Satanic5fab4 lankidea.
Hori dela eta, beharbada hutsuneren batzuk izango dira edukian edo formatuan.
Mesedez, aldaketa handi bat egin baino lehen, eztabaida ezazu haren lankide orrian edo artikuluaren eztabaida orrian, erredakzioa koordinatzeko. Mila esker.
|Kiss(r)en estudioko albuma|
|Argitaratze data||* 2012ko urriaren 5a (Europa)
|Grabazioa||2011ko apirilaren 13a - 2012ko urtarrilaren 6a Conway Recording Studios, Hollywood, Kalifornia eta the Nook, Studio City, Los Angeles|
|Musika mota||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Diskoetxea||Universal Music Group|
|Ekoizpena||Paul Stanley, Greg Collins|
Monster Kiss rock talde amerikarraren estudioko 20. albuma da, eta 2012ko urriaren 9an kaleratu zuten. Izenburua Monster izango zela Kissonline.com web orrialdean egiaztatu zuten 2011ko abuztuaren 21ean. Albuma Conway Recording Studiosetan, Hollywood, CAn, eta The Nook estudioan, Studio City, Los Angelesen, grabatu zuten. Monster taldeko sortzaile eta abeslari nagusia den Paul Stanleyk eta Greg Collinsek ekoiztu zuten, 2009ko Sonic Boom albuma bezela.
Background[aldatu | aldatu iturburu kodea]
In an interview promoting Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Gene Simmons said the band might be recording a follow-up to Sonic Boom in the future. On March 10, Simmons said in an radio interview for Heavy Metal Thunder that the band will enter the studio in three weeks and that they have around 20 to 25 songs ready to record. Eric Singer said during an Eric Singer Project soundcheck that the band will start recording the album on April 4th.
Paul Stanley has revealed that the album cover art will be stylistically similar to that of Destroyer, although painted by a different artist, and has since been changed to an actual photo of the band. According to an interview with lead guitarist Tommy Thayer, the band had the intention of creating an album with a slightly heavier sound than Sonic Boom, as well as recreating the vibe that existed on the band's earlier material. Similarly, Gene Simmons has likened the album to a combination of three of the band's previous albums, Destroyer, Revenge and the album's predecessor Sonic Boom.
Also, while doing interviews for his appearance in ABC's TV-show Castle, Simmons commented the sound of the album: "Meat and potatoes. You know it's going to be like Santa Claus. Up and down, everybody gets used to this and that, and things change, and fashion changes, but it's good to know that Santa comes, and he’s not going to change his outfit and you know what you’re going to get: gifts. Consistency of message."
The band also went to use old analog equipment instead of a more popular digital recording gear. Simmons said about it: "Technology is a seductive bitch, she will seduce you. You press this button, you don't have to do anything. But analog is the love of your life. You can push real hard and it always gives back. For the new album, the actual recording process was 24-track tape and an old Trident board. And as many tubes as possible. You need tubes, electricity and thick wood to make that thick sound."
In an interview with Elliot Segal on Elliot in the Morning, May 2, 2011, Simmons mentioned that the band had recorded around five songs and that the album sounds as a mix between Destroyer and Revenge. The album was originally supposed to contain 10 songs, but Simmons revealed before the American Music Awards of 2011 that Monster will contain 15 brand new songs, all studio written by the band. This has since been reduced to 13 songs. 
The band uploaded a video on January 3, 2012 on YouTube in which Stanley commented that the album is two to three days from finishing. The recording process of the album was completed on January 6, 2012. Stanley reported to Kissonline.com the following day, "Listening to the tracks back to back is like sensory overload. Everyone who has heard any of it is completely blown away. Powerful, heavy, melodic and epic. It makes us very proud. You all will be too."
On March 22, 2012, Stanley said in an interview with VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner, "Monster is really the culmination of everything this band has been in the past and where we're going. When we did Sonic Boom, it was a big task for us because we were saying, 'How do we define who we are today without losing who we've been?' So, that was a tall order for us, but once we got that under our belts, we wanted to go back in and Monster is far, far beyond anything we've done in terms of Sonic Boom and yet it's right up there with some of the best stuff we've done. It's KISS." 
The new single, "Hell or Hallelujah", was released on July 2, 2012 internationally and on July 3 in North America along with the Monster Book. The second single from Monster, "Long Way Down", will be released to radio stations on October 23, 2012. 
After several release delays, Monster will be released in North America on October 9th, 2012.
Harrera[aldatu | aldatu iturburu kodea]
Initial reaction from the audience was positive. Former Skid Row vocalist Sebastian Bach revealed on his Twitter account the track "The Devil Is Me", saying "it kicks TOTAL ASS!!". Skid Row's lead guitarist Dave "The Snake" Sabo was also of positive opinion of the album, posting on Twitter "itsTxantiloi:Sic very good!!". BackstageAxxess wrote: "This solid release by Kiss should delight the Kiss Army!"  Grande Rock stated: "Monster is not all that bad, and it is definitely a grower".
Abesti zerrenda[aldatu | aldatu iturburu kodea]
|1.||"Hell or Hallelujah"||Paul Stanley||Stanley||4:07|
|2.||"Wall of Sound"||Stanley, Gene Simmons, Tommy Thayer||Simmons||2:55|
|4.||"Back to the Stone Age"||Simmons, Stanley, Thayer, Eric Singer||Simmons||3:01|
|5.||"Shout Mercy"||Stanley, Thayer||Stanley||4:04|
|6.||"Long Way Down"||Stanley, Thayer||Stanley||3:51|
|7.||"Eat Your Heart Out"||Simmons||Simmons||4:06|
|8.||"The Devil Is Me"||Simmons, Stanley, Thayer||Simmons||3:41|
|9.||"Outta This World"||Thayer||Thayer||4:29|
|10.||"All for the Love of Rock & Roll"||Stanley||Singer||3:21|
|11.||"Take Me Down Below"||Stanley, Simmons, Thayer||Simmons, Stanley||3:24|
|12.||"Last Chance"||Stanley, Simmons, Thayer||Stanley||3:05|
|iTunes eta Best Buy Bonus Abestiak|
|13.||"Right Here Right Now"||Stanley||Stanley||3:58|
|Japoniako Bonus Abestia|
|14.||"King of the Night Time World" (Zuzenean)||Stanley, Kim Fowley, Mark Anthony, Bob Ezrin||Stanley|
Monster Single Zerrendak[aldatu | aldatu iturburu kodea]
|Singlea||Zerrenda (2012)||Postu gorena|
|"Hell or Hallelujah"||Rock (America's Music Charts)||6|
|Canada: Active Rock (America's Music Charts)||21|
|U.S. iTunes Top Rock Songs Chart||1|
|Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks ||36|
Langileak[aldatu | aldatu iturburu kodea]
- Paul Stanley - gitarra erritmikoa, ahotsak
- Gene Simmons - baxua, ahotsak
- Tommy Thayer - gitarra nagusia, ahotsak
- Eric Singer - bateria, ahotsak
- Brian Whelan - pianoa "Freak" abestian
Kanpo loturak[aldatu | aldatu iturburu kodea]
- Webgune ofiziala
- Monster Albumaren berrikusketa Vista Records webgunean
- Long Way Down "Long Way Down" singlearen berrikusketa Ultimate Classic Rock webgunean
Erreferentziak[aldatu | aldatu iturburu kodea]
- ↑ KISS' new album is a "Monster!", Kissonline.com, http://www.kissonline.com/stream/article/display/id/30357. Noiz kontsultatua: 2012-10-09 .
- ↑ Youtube KISS TO MAKE SONIC BOOM FOLLOW-UP. youtube.com. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- ↑ Gene Simmons on original KISS reunion: 'There Will Be One More Time When We Play Together'. Blabbermouth. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- ↑ Eric Singer Project: Soundcheck at Nosturi Finland. YouTube. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- ↑ Tommy Thayer's Express-Times Interview. Tommythayer.com. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- ↑ Classic Rock Magazine. "It's Sonic Boom on steroids". Page 17. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- ↑ KISS' New Album Will Be 'Meat and Potatoes'. UGO. Retrieved November 24, 2011.
- ↑ Kiss Going Retro for 'Monster' Recording Sessions. Ultimate Classic Rock. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- ↑ Elliot In The Morning: Gene Simmons. YouTube. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- ↑ Gene Simmons Red Carpet Interview AMA 2011. YouTube. Retrieved November 24, 2011.
- ↑ KISS' New Album Is 'About Two Days' Away From Being Completed, Blabbermouth.net, January 4, 2012, http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167890. Noiz kontsultatua: January 4, 2012 .
- ↑ New album update from Paul Stanley. Kissonline.com. Retrieved January 8, 2012.
- ↑ KISS' Paul Stanley, MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx Talk The Tour; New Music. bravewords.com. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- ↑ . ultimateclassicrock.com. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- ↑ Thomas, Fred, Monster (Kiss albuma), Allmusic, http://www.allmusic.com/album/r2568291. Noiz kontsultatua: 2012-10-09 .
- ↑ a b Kiss - Monster berrikusketa, Grande Rock, http://www.grande-rock.com/reviews/kiss_-_monster .
- ↑ Kiss - Monster berrikusketa, Vista Records, http://www.vistarecords.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=albumreviewsanddiscussion&thread=502&page=1 .
- ↑ Twitter Sebastian Bach - Twitter - history. twitter.com. Retrieved May 21, 2012.
- ↑ Twitter Dave "The Snake" Sabo - Twitter - history. twitter.com. Retrieved May 21, 2012.
- ↑ KISS - Monsetr, by BackStageAxxess.
- ↑ America's Music Charts: Rock - 2012ko abuztuaren 1a, Americasmusiccharts.com, 2012-08-01, http://www.americasmusiccharts.com/index.cgi?fmt=R5&rtmref=americasmusiccharts. Noiz kontsultatua: 2012-10-08 .
- ↑ Canadian Active Rock & Alt Rock Chart Archive: Active Rock - 2012ko uztailaren 24a, Canadianrockalt.blogspot.ca, 2012-07-24, http://canadianrockalt.blogspot.ca/2012/07/active-rock-july-24-2012.html. Noiz kontsultatua: 2012-08-01 .
- ↑ Top Rock Songs, http://cdn.kissonline.com/non_secure/images/20120703/news/ituneskisstops5charts/full.jpg. Noiz kontsultatua: 2012-08-02 .
- ↑ Kissfaq single zerrenda - Hell or Hallelujah, http://www.kissfaq.com/song_stories/stories_monster_01.html .